February 3, 2011

Warning: Do Not, I Repeat, Do Not Add Peas

To the Curried Chicken Thighs with (fake) Buttery Croutons, of course. You can add them to other things, if you'd like. The Curried Chicken Thighs were so good the first time that I had to make them again. When I made them previously, I did not have peas, as the EatingWell recipe called for, so I threw in carrots instead. The carrots didn't really do anything for the dish, so this time I added an entire bag of frozen peas, as per the original recipe. Big mistake. Don't get me wrong, I like peas very much, they just don't work in this dish. The peas overwhelmed the rich flavor of the curry. If I had made the recipe with peas for the first time I would not have made it again. As it stands, I lucked out, and know now to eat my veggies on the side of that dish, not in it.

This time I also took a picture:


So many peas. Don't use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment